Learn About Airport Sound Mitigation
For over 30 years, the Burlington International Airport (BTV) has been committed to participating in the voluntary Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) sponsored Part 150 program. Part 150 assesses and quantifies noise impacts from aircraft noise and develops a Noise Compatibility Program (NCP) which will minimize those impacts. The approved NCP allows BTV to access grant funds to implement the approved program.
- For full details regarding this program, visit http://www.btvsound.com
- BTV Sound Committee webpage: http://www.btvsound.com/sound-commitee
- BTV Sound contact form: http://www.btvsound.com/contact
- BTV Airport Commission: https://www.btv.aero/index.php/airport-guide/airport-commission
- View F-35 Info and Flight Alerts: www.vtguard.com/F-35
8.6.21 - Mayor Kristine Lott receives an official response from Governor Phil Scott in response to the communication sent on 3.16.21.
5.17.21 - Winooski City Council received an update from the Burlington International Airport on the Noise Monitoring System and Easement. The Council is considering a resolution to request that this program includes high-quality products for windows and doors, etc. and that outreach is robust so everyone who qualifies is notified and understands their options.
- View the Noise Mitigation Program Resolution
- View the Noise Monitoring Easement
- Watch the recording of this City Council meeting
3.16.21 - On March 16th, 2021, the City of Winooski sent a communication, as per the request of the voters of Winooski, to Governor Phil Scott and our representatives requesting the halt of F-35 training flights in our densely populated community. Click here to view the communication and certified election results.
3.2.21 - Town Meeting Day Election results of Article Six: "Shall the City of Winooski urge the State to halt F-35 training flights in a densely populated area, such as Winooski?"
4.17.20 - VTANG Letter to Community Leaders
10.16.19 - BTV NEM/NCP Update and Public Meeting
6.20.19 - BTV NEM/NCP Update