The Winooski Commission for Inclusion & Belonging
The City of Winooski is excited to announce that applications are now available to join the newly formed Winooski Commission for Inclusion & Belonging! Individuals with diverse perspectives and a focus on making Winooski a more inclusive community are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will be available through May 27, 2022.
The Winooski Commission for Inclusion & Belonging Commission acts as an advisory group for the City Council with a focus on equitable policies and best practices for inclusion. This commission will establish Equity Ambassadors who will sit on each of the City's established commissions to bring diverse voices and perspectives to the decision-making table in Winooski, and give updates on our shared equity-related goals. In addition, this commission will serve to advise the City Council on implementing the Strategic Vision areas and goals related to equity as outlined in the Master Plan. The City of Winooski seeks to appoint members that are as diverse as our community. Given the policy role in advising the Council, a commitment to principles and best practices of equity and inclusion are paramount.
Commissioners are expected to:
- Help provide unique perspectives to be included in decision making for Winooski
- Advise the city council and city leadership on inclusive and equitable policy changes and development
- Help to plan and organize citywide events in order to increase participation from residents across all cultural groups
- Be an "Ambassador" to ONE other city commission to provide diverse perspectives
Time commitment, compensation & accommodations:
- The Winooski Commission for Inclusion and belonging will meet for 90 minutes, every other month beginning in June
- Each Ambassador will also be expected to attend a separate commission once per month.
- The City is offering compensation for each regular Commission member.
- Language interpretation services will be provided on an as-needed basis for any commissioner who makes a request
Questions? Call or email Yasamin Gordon, Equity Director: firstname.lastname@example.org / 802 881 9559