Strategic Vision and Master Plan
Winooski will continue to be a livable, diverse, and affordable community where the role of government will be to foster and guide:
Maintain and expand our economic development to ensure long-term vibrancy.
Invest in the city’s municipal infrastructure, including energy resources, facilities, and technology; roads and sidewalks; and water, sewer, and storm water lines and facilities. Infrastructure investment will make our city safe and accessible to residents and visitors while recognizing the critical role that we play in the region’s system.
Ensure a mix of quality housing that maintains and enhances Winooski’s unique sense of place and supports the needs of the entire community.
Safe, Healthy, Connected People
Foster relationships across generations and cultures by providing a safe and healthy environment and providing opportunities to connect and engage with other residents of the city.
2023 Goal Updates
- October 2 - Safe, Healthy, Connected People
- September 18 - Municipal Infrastructure
- September 5 - All Areas, Economic Vitality
- July 17 - Municipal Infrastructure, Housing
- June 20 - Safe, Healthy, Connected People
- June 5 - Economic Vitality
- June 5 - All Areas
- May 1 - Housing, Economic Vitality
- April 17 - Safe, Healthy, Connected People
- April 3 - Municipal Infrastructure
- March 20 - All Areas
- January 23 - Safe, Healthy, Connected People
- January 17 - All Areas
- January 9 - Municipal Infrastructure
The City of Winooski adopted a new Master Plan in March of 2019. The Winooski Planning Commission, guided by the other commissions and with the assistance of the Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, developed a revisioning of the City’s Master Plan. In doing so, the Master Plan now aligns with the City’s guiding Strategic Vision.
- Download the City’s Master Plan.
- Download Related Master Plan Documents
- 2017 Parking Plan
- Comment Responses Spreadsheet 1/14/19
- Economic Development Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Enhanced Energy Supplement to Master Plan (PDF)
- Form Based Code Report
- Main Street Corridor Plan (PDF)
- Main Street Revitalization Preliminary Engineering Report
- Master Plan Revisioning Press Release (PDF)
- MOU City-WSD
- Planning Commission Report Form for Municipal Amendments (PDF)
- Public Hearing (PDF)
- TIF District Map - 2015 - Landscape
- Transportation Master Plan
- Winooski Housing Needs Assessment
- Winooski Master Plan_Final_Adopted_20190318
Parks and Open Space Master Plan
In March 2019, the Winooski City Council adopted an updated Municipal Master Plan, which included several recommendations related to the development of Winooski’s parks. This includes the goal to: Maintain and improve the City’s parks, natural areas, and facilities for exercise and recreation opportunities for all ages and to achieve a goal of having all Winooski residents within an easily accessible 10-minute walk of a high-quality park or natural area through development of a Parks and Open Space Master Plan of current and future facilities. In response to this goal, City staff were able to secure funding through the National Recreation and Parks Association’s 10-Minute Walk Grant program, and used the funds to bring on a consultant (Omnes Landscape Architecture, Planning & Art) in October 2019 to help in the development of a new Parks and Open Space Master Plan.