Strategic Vision and Master Plan
Winooski will continue to be a livable, diverse, and affordable community where the role of government will be to foster and guide:
Maintain and expand our economic development to ensure long-term vibrancy.
Invest in the City’s municipal infrastructure, including energy resources, facilities and technology; roads and sidewalks; and water, sewer, and storm water lines and facilities. Infrastructure investment will make our City safe and accessible to residents and visitors while recognizing the critical role that we play in the region’s system.
Ensure a mix of quality housing that maintains and enhances Winooski’s unique sense of place and supports the needs of the entire community.
Safe, Healthy, Connected People
Foster relationships across generations and cultures by providing a safe and healthy environment and providing opportunities to connect and engage with other residents of the City.
The City of Winooski adopted a new Master Plan in March of 2019.
The Winooski Planning Commission, guided by the other commissions and with the assistance of the Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, developed a revisioning of the City’s Master Plan. In doing so, the Master Plan now aligns with the City’s guiding Strategic Vision.
- 2017 Parking Plan
- Comment Responses Spreadsheet 1/14/19
- Economic Development Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Enhanced Energy Supplement to Master Plan (PDF)
- Form Based Code Report
- Main Street Corridor Plan (PDF)
- Main Street Revitalization Preliminary Engineering Report
- Master Plan Revisioning Press Release (PDF)
- MOU City-WSD
- Planning Commission Report Form for Municipal Amendments (PDF)
- Public Hearing (PDF)
- TIF District Map - 2015 - Landscape
- Transportation Master Plan
- Winooski Housing Needs Assessment
- Winooski Master Plan_Final_Adopted_20190318