Small Business Loan Program
The Winooski Small Business Loan Program expands the City’s commitment to economic vitality by providing access to financing for new and existing businesses in Winooski. The $250,000 small business revolving loan fund will be serviced by Opportunities Credit Union and offers loans from $5,000 to $75,000. The program is designed to financially assist any new or existing small business in Winooski that will:
- create or stabilize employment opportunities;
- reduce commercial vacancy rates in the City;
- provide desired goods and services for our community; and
- contribute to the economic vitality of the City.
The purpose of the Winooski Small Business Loan (WSBL) program is to assist Winooski businesses in obtaining financing for a wide range of business needs including, but not limited to, equipment purchases, leasehold improvements, and major repairs. Businesses which meet specific criteria may be eligible for interest buy downs on their loans.
- The maximum loan from this program is $75,000. The minimum loan amount is $5,000
- The maximum loan term is 7 years unless otherwise provided by regulation, guarantee or OCU Small Business Lending Policy.
- The area served by the WSBL program shall include the geographical limits of the City of Winooski, Vermont
View the full list of Small Business Loan Program guidelines.
“A thriving business community does not happen by accident. It takes countless hours of hard work, courage, creativity, and dedication on behalf of the business owners. Winooski thrives off of the vibrancy created by our small businesses, and as a city, it is critical that we take steps to support their success. The Winooski Small Business program will ensure our community is a place where businesses can succeed, making Winooski an exciting place to live and visit. ”
– Seth Leonard, former Mayor of Winooski
“The City is committed to supporting and growing our thriving business community. The Small Business Loan Program is an incentive for new businesses choosing to locate in Winooski, as well as a boost for existing businesses seeking to expand.”
– Heather Carrington, Community and Economic Development Officer
For more information about the program or to apply, contact Heather Carrington, Community and Economic Development Officer: email@example.com / 802 655 6410