By Councilor Amy Lafayette
Hello, Neighbors! Through my role as City Councilor, I act as the Administrative Council Liaison. Here is a high-level snapshot of some of the items we worked on this past month:
- Passed a resolution honoring longtime Winooski resident Rita Martel for her dedication to Winooski. Rita’s roles over the years are many and include historian, leader, volunteer, public participant, and beloved neighbor and community member. Please join us in congratulating Rita! Read the resolution here.
- Received a year-end report from City Treasurer Alex Anastasi-Hill, who has stated the City remains in a safe position. Read the report here.
- Received a goal update on Municipal Infrastructure and the many projects in the works. Most projects are proceeding as planned, including Main Street Revitalization, The Myers Pool, and the Hickok Water Main Project. Read the full status report here.
- Approved a capital improvement budget re-assignment to do concrete repairs on Main St. Read more here.
- Participated in a joint Winooski Board of School Trustees and Winooski City Council meeting. We received a high-level financial overview of both entities and signed an annual Memorandum of Understanding. We also heard the Equity Dialogue Group’s recommended next steps in this work, including creating an Equity Leadership Council and expanding the roles of Community Liaisons. No decisions were made and both groups plan to bring the ideas back to their individual bodies for further discussion. Minutes available here.
Thank you and please feel free to reach out with questions regarding this update: Councilor Amy Lafayette – firstname.lastname@example.org