The City of Winooski Department of Public Works and its contractor, F.W. Whitcomb Construction Corporation, will begin road resurfacing work on Tuesday, September 15, 2020. The work and is anticipated to be completed by Friday, September 25, 2020. Please note that the schedule is subject to change and may be extended due to inclement weather or other progress delays.
Road resurfacing will occur on the following streets:
- Union Street (excludes the Weaver St. intersection)
- Maple Street (between Malletts Bay Ave and Weaver St.)
- Pine Street (between West St. and Malletts Bay Ave, excludes the Hickok St intersection)
- East Street
The Contractor will be permitted to work Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 6 PM. Street parking will not be permitted in the work areas during these times. This restriction on parking will remain in effect until the work is complete. Violators will be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense. Overnight parking is permitted but roads must be clear by 6 AM. Parking is available in the Winooski Parking Garage on Cascade Way – visit www.winooskivt.gov/parking to learn more.
Please also note:
- Temporary road closures are expected.
- Flaggers will provide traffic control during project hours.
- Winooski DPW encourages drivers and residents to plan accordingly – drivers should avoid the area if possible. Residents will have access to their driveways but delays should be expected.
- Sidewalks will remain open for pedestrians.
- Please use caution when passing through work areas!
Questions regarding this project can be sent to:
- Jon Rauscher, Director of Public Works: firstname.lastname@example.org / 802 655 6410
- Ryan Lambert, City Engineer: email@example.com / 802 734 0022
Thank you for your patience while we work to improve your public infrastructure.