The Vermont Department of Health is opening COVID-19 vaccination appointments today (February 16, 2021) for those 55+ with certain high-risk health conditions.
If you are a Winooski resident 65 or older, our staff can help you complete your registration on the Vermont Department of Health website. Two options are available:
1. Help via the Winooski Senior Center
- Leave a message on our Senior Support line (24/7): 802 655 6425
- Someone will get back to you as soon as possible!
- Free public transportation to the vaccine site is available from the Vermont Public Transit Authority (VTPA).
- To request a ride, please call 833 387 7200.
- Whenever possible, ride requests should be made 48 hours in advance.
- People who are COVID-19 positive, symptomatic, or close contacts of COVID-19 positive people must be cleared for public transportation first.
- These services are only available to people who are not currently a COVID-19 risk.
- VPTA will bill the ride to the appropriate funding source (Medicaid, Elderly/Disabled program or a special federal source).
- The actual rides are provided by regional public transportation providers using a combination of volunteer drivers in cars or vans/busses.
- These rides are ADA compliant and will accommodate disabled people.
- Individuals who recently arrived from out of state still need to follow the isolation process before using public transportation.
2. Help via the Winooski Memorial Library
- Schedule a vaccine registration help session by calling the Library: 802 655 6424
- Use our "Browse and Borrow" appointment system to schedule a 30-minute support session
- Just need the internet to make your appointment? In addition to our free indoor wifi, the Library also has a commercial-grade outdoor wifi access point. Sign-in to our network "Winooski Hotspot".